Open to all individuals who acknowledge the ability to perform the following essential eligibility criteria.
1. Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
2. Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
3. Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
4. Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
5. Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
6. Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
7. Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket*
8. Get in/out or on/off of a paddlecraft independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance*
For More Information, Please call or Text 585 748-2628
Our Adaptive Paddling and Cycling Center (APACC) is committed to the growth and advancement of the canal, the associated walking and bicycle paths as a recreational asset. We have created an accessible, friendly, safe environment for people to kayak and cycle with their friends and family. Experienced staff and volunteers, a dock-mounted hoyer lift, floating docks low to the water, and a ramp entry all make ECBC a wonderful place to learn about adaptive kayaking equipment,
try various paddling options, and explore the Erie Canal along Fairport's banks and beyond. In addition, through community partnership and collaborations, Rochester Accessible Adventures (RAA) and Erie Canal Boat Company (ECBC) provide experienced staff and volunteers for cycling clinics, riding groups, and adaptive bike rentals. We will offer a variety of three-wheeled cycles -- foot pedal and hand pedal options -- as well as the MonoMano, which provides wonderful one-handed controlling of the bike. Adaptive accessories ensure stability and greater control while riding.
Inclusion is Good Business